Militant urban poor group KADAMAY on Monday rallied in front of the National Headquarters of AFP and PNP assailing Duterte, AFP and PNP’s vicious crimes against the Filipino poor. “Oplan Kapanatagan, Oplan Kapayapaan, Oplan Sauron, Implan Kalasag, Oplan Tokhang, Martial Law, lahat ng mga ito ay pawang mga Oplan Kill the Poor. Sa halip na kahirapan ang nilulutas ng administrasyong ito, mahihirap ang inuutas,” said Mimi Doringo, Kadamay National Spokesperson.
Expressing their anger towards the government’s ‘killer policies’, Kadamay members burned images of Duterte, AFP Chief of Staff Benjamin Madrigal, Major General Antonio Parlade, Jr., AFP Deputy Chief of Staff for Civil-Military Operations and PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde.
Doringo added, “Sa tatlong (3) taon ng administrasyon na ito, walang katumbas na paghihirap at pagdadalamhati ang dinaranas ng mga maralita dahil sa mga kriminal na aktibidad na ipinapatupad ng AFP at PNP. Ang tawag na dapat sa kanila ay AFP, Anti-poor Fascist Perpetrator of human rights violations at PNP, Pulis na Pumapatay.”
Doringo also said that the attacks against the poor come in different forms from illegal arrests and trumped up charges to EJKs and violent demolitions.
She cited the case of two Kadamay members, John Griefen Arlegui and Reynaldo Viernes, Jr., who were kidnapped while postering for Neri Colmenares and Bayan Muna in Angat, Bulacan. They were later charged with Violation of RA 9516 (Unlawful manufacture, Sales, Acquisition, Disposition, Importation or Possession of an Explosive or Incendiary Device) and Violation of Sec 28 (a) of RA 10591 (Unlawful Acquisition or Possession of Firearms and Ammunition).
Last March 12, Francisco Pagayaman, Kadamay-CDO Chairperson and a National Council member was charged of arson, robbery of firearms and kidnapping linking him to an encounter from December 19, 2018 to February 14, 2019 in Sibagat, Agusan del Sur. Even National Chairperson Gloria Arellano and several Kadamay-Pandi leaders were charged with grave threat by Jeffrey Ariz, an expelled member of Kadamay who has become an active agent of the 48th IB.
“Ang mga pagbibintang at pag-aresto sa mga opisyal at miyembro ng Kadamay ay bunga ng malakas na pagtutol at paglaban ng aming organisasyon sa mga marahas na demolisyon at harassments sa mga maralita dahil sa BBB, ng mga PNP at hired goons tulad ng naganap sa Pandi, Sitio San Roque at Bukidnon,” Doringo added
Since last year, leaders and members of Kadamay-Pandi have been targeted of vilification campaign and attempts of illegal arrests and search warrants.
Last June 18, goons hired by the Villars fired gunshots at the resisting residents of Sitio Malipay III, Brgy. Molino in Bacoor, Cavite, injuring five, while conducting an illegal demolition.
On June 19, Sitio San Roque residents were threatened by guards in the community using guns who are sanctioned by the NHA-Ayala. Yolanda Ladiao, one of the residents, had a miscarriage due to extreme terror. San Roque has been subjected to demolition since 2010 to pave way for the QC-Central Business District.
On the same day, 70 families residing in Purok 16, Valencia City, Bukidnon were forcibly evicted by the local police and military for a new SM Mall. Two were arrested, Jun Guinaonao, Provincial Chairperson of KASAMA-Bukidnon, a peasant group, and Ronnie Estonzo, a resident and a member of Kadamay-Valencia.
On June 20, 100 combined forces of police and demolition team dismantled some of the houses in Bayview Drive, Brgy. Tambo, Paranaque City. No “Notice to vacate” was issued prior to the Break Open Order. No relocation sites were offered to the residents. Residents have conducted series of dialogues to the LGU and NHA but to no avail. Demolition teams are expected to return on June 24 but the residents vow to defend their community through ‘barikadang-bayan’.
“Kung inaakala ng gobyernong Duterte sampu ng mga asong ulol nito na AFP at PNP na matatakot at mapapaatras kami sa aming paglaban, nagkakamali sila. Mas lalo pa kaming magpupursige,” Doringo averred.
Kadamay is set to file cases against these attacks, lobby in different international platforms, and will seek the support of the CHR and progressive solons.
“Kaya kami ay nananawagan sa lahat ng mamamayan na magsama-sama na tayo sa pagkilos lalo na sa darating na SONA para maipakita sa gobyernong ito na hindi tayo basta-basta maisasantabi. Lalaban at lalaban tayo sa harap ng anumang hamon,” Doringo ended. ###